1 worthless people [syn: trash]
2 a film of impurities or vegetation that can form on the surface of a liquid [also: scumming, scummed]
- Rhymes: -ʌm
- A layer of impurities that accumulates at the surface of a liquid (especially molten metal or water).
- A greenish water vegetation (such as algae), usually found floating on the surface of ponds
- The topmost liquid layer of a cesspool or septic tank.
- derogatory slang A person or persons considered to be reprehensible.
A person or persons considered to be reprehensible
The name scum is also used for:
- Scum (album), a 1987 album by grindcore band Napalm Death
- SCUM (band) - Norwegian/American punk/metal band
- Scum (film), a 1977 television play directed by Alan Clarke, and the 1979 cinematic version
- SCUM Manifesto (Society for Cutting Up Men), a 1968 radical feminist book by Valerie Solanas
- "Scum" (single), song by the band Meat Puppets
- SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion), scripting language developed at LucasArts to ease development of the graphical adventure game Maniac Mansion
Scum may also refer to:
scum in Portuguese: Scum
aerate, alluvion, alluvium, androcyte, antheridium, antherozoid, apply to, ash, beat, bilge, bilgewater, blanket, block, bones, breakers, canaille, canopy, carrion, cattle, chaff, cinder, clinker, cloak, clothe, cloud, coat, coating, collar, collop, cope, cover, cover up, covering, cowl, cream, culm, cur, curtain, cut, deadwood, deal, deposition, deposits, diluvium, dishwater, disk, ditchwater, draff, dregs, dregs of society, dross, dust, eclipse, ember, enamel, facing, feces, feuille, filings, film, flap, foam, foil, fold, froth, fur, garbage, gash, glop, grounds, gunk, head, hogwash, hood, husks, lacquer, lamella, lamina, laminated glass, laminated wood, lap, lather, lay on, lay over, leaf, leavings, lees, loess, male gamete, mantle, mask, masses, membrane, meringue, milt, mire, mob, moraine, mousse, muck, muffle, obduce, obscure, occult, offal, offscourings, offscum, ooze, orts, overlay, overspread, paint, pane, panel, parings, patina, peel, pellicle, plait, plank, plate, plating, ply, plywood, pollen, potsherds, precipitate, precipitation, prick, proletariat, protein, puff, put on, raff, rags, ragtag and bobtail, rasher, raspings, refuse, revetment, riffraff, rubbish, safety glass, scale, scoria, scourings, scrap iron, scraps, screen, scud, scurf, sea foam, sediment, seed, semen, seminal fluid, settlings, sewage, sewerage, shards, shavings, sheet, shield, shit, shithead, silt, sinter, skin, skunk, slab, slack, slag, slat, slice, slime, slob, slop, slops, slosh, slough, sludge, slush, smut, snake, soapsuds, soot, sordes, souffle, sperm, sperm cell, spermagonium, spermatic fluid, spermatid, spermatiophore, spermatium, spermatocyte, spermatogonium, spermatophore, spermatozoa, spermatozoid, spermatozoon, spindrift, splosh, spoondrift, spray, spread over, spume, stinging, stinker, stubble, sublimate, sud, suds, superimpose, superpose, surf, sweepings, swill, swinish multitude, table, tablet, tares, toad, trash, turd, unwashed, varnish, veil, veneer, vermin, wafer, wastage, waste, waste matter, wastepaper, weeds, whip, whisk, white water